I’ve been asked about where to find the Yowamushi Pedal manga, so I thought of compiling a list with the websites you can download or read it online.
For Yowamushi Pedal scanlations:
- There are currently two groups working on the manga. The first is Sukikatte, which scanlated the first volumes and is still working on Yowapeda, although at a slower pace.
- Sleeping Dragons began scanlating the manga from vol.9 onwards, and has steady releases. This group also has some of the “Spare Bike” extra chapters from the manga.
If you’re looking forward to downloading these scanlations from other pages, or reading them online:
- Mangatraders has the scanlated volumes for direct download. Since this website features but one version of each manga being scanlated, it uploads the volume that’s released first by either group (Sukikatte for earlier volumes, and Sleeping Dragons for the later). You need to register at Mangatraders to be able to download the files, though.
- Mangahere has the scanlated manga for online reading, as well as the “Spare Bike” extra chapters. This site updates new chapters pretty fast (usually the same day a group makes a new release).
For the RAW manga:
- You can download the RAW manga volumes from several sites in the net, such as Rawbest and Raw-set. I recommend the latter, for it updates with new Yowapeda volumes quite fast.
- If you prefer downloading via torrent, there’s instead Nyaa Torrents (among other torrent sites, of course. I’m recommending Nyaa Torrents because you can find more RAW manga in general there). For the RAW Yowapeda manga, I suggest trying to search for it by typing the title in Japanese (just as in the link I’ve just provided), 弱虫ペダル.
Note that, as far as I’ve seen, all RAW scans available from all the websites listed above, and via torrent as well, seem to be the same, ie. they come from the same source (they have the same resolution and size, even though different websites might label them differently, or include an extra file with a link to their pages).
For the latest RAW manga chapters not yet compiled in volumes:
- Yowamushi Pedal is published in the Weekly Shounen Champion magazine, which can be downloaded from Raw-set.
- Other sites that upload complete scans of the Weekly Shounen Champion magazine are Manga Archives (you’ll have to perform a manual search for the magazine in this site, though) and Raw Hunters.
- This is a Chinese site that uploads individual RAW chapters in zip file format, though. Note those are the same scans from the complete Weekly Shounen Champion magazine, except that the files contain only the featured Yowapeda chapter.
Weekly Shounen Champion is published on Thursdays in Japan. If you need to check the current issue number and confirm its release date, I recommend visiting the official Akita Shoten website for information.
And on a more general note… there’s also the Japanese Wikipedia article on Yowamushi Pedal for reference. It’s up-to-date and compiles all kind of relevant information about the characters from different media.
1. How did you first get into writing fanfic, and what was the first fandom you wrote for? What do you think it was about that fandom that pulled you in?
2. Name the fandoms you’ve written in, and how much you’ve written in that fandom, and if you still write in it.
3. For each of the fandoms, what were your favorite characters to write?
4. Do you have a “muse” character, that speaks to you more than others, or that tries to push their way in, even when the fic isn’t about them? Who are they, and why did that character became your muse?
5. If you have ever had a character try to push their way into a fic, whether your “muse” or not, what did you do about it?
6. When you write, do you prefer writing male or female characters?
7. Have you ever had a fic change your opinion of a character?
8. Do you write OCs? And if so, what do you do to make certain they’re not Mary Sues, and if not, explain your thoughts on OCs.
9. Pairings – For each of the fandoms from question two, what are your three favorite pairings to write?
10. Pairings – Have you ever gone outside your comfort zone and written a pairing you liked, but found you couldn’t write, or a pairing you didn’t like, and found you could?
11. Genre – do you prefer certain genres of fic when you’re writing? What kind do you tend to write most?
12. Have you ever attempted an “adaptation” fic of a favorite book or movie but set in a different fandom?
13. Do you prefer canon or non-canon when you write? Has writing fanfic for a fandom changed the way you see some or even all of the original source material?
14. Ratings – how high are you comfortable with going? Have you ever written higher? If you’re comfortable with NC-17, have you ever been shocked by finding that the story you’re writing is G-rated instead?
15. Warnings – What do you feel it most important to warn for, and what’s the strangest thing you’ve warned for in a fic?
16. Summaries – Do you like them or hate them? How do you come up with them, if you use them?
17. Titles – Are they the bane of your existence, or the easiest part of the fic? Also, if you do chaptered fic, do you give each chapter a title, or not?
18. Where do you get the most inspiration for your fics (aka “bunnies”) from?
19. When you have bunnies, do you sit down and start writing right away, or do you write down the idea for further use?
20. Do you ever get bunnied from other people’s stories or art in the same fandom?
21. Sequels – Have you ever written a sequel to a fic you wrote, and if so, why, and if not, how do you feel about sequels?
22. Have you ever participated in a fest or a Big Bang? If so, write about your favorite experience in relation to one. If not, are there any you’ve thought about doing? And if not, why not?
23. When you post, where do you post to? Just your journal? Just an archive? Your own personal site?
24. Betaing – How many betas do you like to use to make sure there aren’t any major flaws in your fic? Do you have a Beta horror story or dream story?
25. Music – Do you listen to music while you write? Do you make playlists to get into a certain “mood” to write your fic? Do you need noise in general? Or do you need it completely quiet?
26. What is the oddest (or funnest) thing you’ve had to research for a fic?
27. Where is your favorite place to write, and do you write by hand or on the computer?
28. Have you ever collaborated with anyone else, whether writing together, or having an artist work on a piece about your fic?
29. What is your current project or projects?
30. Do you have a favorite fic you’ve written? What makes it your favorite? And don’t forget to give us a link!
Ginoza went to have a private talk with Akane after the holo error/security case. Kagari, being his nosy self, wants to know what they’re talking about. Masaoka just happened to tag along
but I think he’s curious, too :P
Kagari: For the uptight Gino-san to actually call a girl, this is bound to be a big scandal!
Masaoka: She’s probably reporting about the recent case. Kou often gets called for the same thing, you know.
Kagari: No way! I haven’t been called even once!
Masaoka: Well, it’d definitely be faster if Kunizuka’s the one reporting.
Masaoka: Hey, Kagari…
Kagari: Ssh! He’s kinda staring at her with an earnest look! Argh, I can’t hear them clearly…
Masaoka: Haah… We should stop this; it’s unnecessarily awkward.
Kagari: But I’m really curious! I want to know Gino-san’s talent for being unintentionally popular with the ladies! I’d at least take a glimpse of it, for future reference!
And all the three choices in Ginoza and Akane’s conversation has lines which are misunderstood by Kagari…
Kagari: I think he just sent her an email containing his heartfelt feelings! | I think he just said “I want to look after you”! Is this what they call a proposal with a sincere push?! | I think I heard “I like you” or something!
what if by the time he’s a third year hinata is 100% intense mode no more dorky ball of sunshine mode and all the first years are scared of him
kageyama has somehow become the approachable one of the duo (yamaguchi is of course the most approachable third year. tsukishima is captain and also tsukishima so he is just as unapproachable as hinata)
like i just imagine kageyama mellowing out some more as he gets older and gets more comfortable with the fact that he’s a part of a team. also he’s co-captain bc the idea of a tsukishima/kageyama leadership team cracks me up but also makes sense in a way to me?
yamaguchi is still the team’s first pick of third years to go to if they need to talk to one of them, but hinata is DEAD LAST. like tsukishima has a tendency to loom over everyone and he gets very scary when he’s angry at the team and he demands like a lot of work and effort from them in practice but at least he doesn’t say really scary intense shit and walk around looking like he’s about to start shooting lasers from his eyes. kageyama’s kind of quiet, and they’ve all heard rumors about what a monster he was like when he was a first year, but those are just rumors and they are pretty sure that he didn’t actually try to throw hinata off the school’s roof after he got pegged in the head by a bad serve.
yamaguchi’s always offering to help the second and first years with stuff, and kageyama helps if asked. they have to catch tsukishima when he’s in the right mood, but if they’re able to catch him in one he’ll spend the most amount of time out of all of them helping out.
and then one day the first years get to the gym and the third years are there practicing on their own
and hinata’s bouncing around and grinning and laughing. kageyama’s yelling at him “dumbass! what kind of serve is that dumbass hintata?” tsukishima’s making terrible snide comments the sort of which they’ve only ever seen him throw at their opponents and yamaguchi is sniggering and agreeing.
the second years come up behind them and the first years are like ‘WHAT IS GOING ON WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE THESE ARE NOT OUR SENPAIS’
and the second years are all ‘oh yeah this what they’re usually like but they’ve all been stressed out with interhigh and university admissions so they’ve been really weird lately’
and all the first years question everything they know
let’s face it - you’re either a dick person or a cock person, and it’s pretty unbearable to read a fanfic with the wrong expletive describing a penis